Vice-dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences Aurelija Stelmokiene participated in International Staff Week – The Status of Humanities and Social Sciences in Higher Education and Research, University of Osijek, Croatia. Five main topics were debated during the staff week from Wednesday, 25 October, 2017 to Friday, 27 October, 2017:
- Trends in the treatment of social sciences and humanities (SSH) programs in higher education;
- Experience and best practices in recruiting students for programs in SSH;
- Raising awareness of the relevance of SSH for the development of a healthy society;
- Challenges for future employment of SSH students;
- Fostering of cooperation as a way of promoting the relevance of humanities and social sciences in the modern world.
Possibilities to cooperate with the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in University of Osijek were also discussed.