Conference “Social Work With a Family: Towards a Safe Society“
Social work researchers, practitioners, students, politicians and community members are to invite to the international conference “Social work with a family: towards a safe society” which will take place on 3-4 October 2019 in Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania.
Conference aim is to reveal family life realities in XXI century highlighting possibilities of social work profession to establish a safer society.
Social Work Department at Faculty of Social Sciences of Vytautas Magnus University is organizing international Conference which will focus on advances in social work with families and aims to bring together those, who are interested in this social work area and work in different research, education, social services institutions in Lithuania and abroad.
Main topics of the Conference
- Implementation of children’s rights and child welfare
- Methods of social work with families
- Innovative social work services for a family
- Family counseling
- Inter-generational relationships in a family
- Mental health and social work
- Family and disability
- Violence in a family
- Identity and roles of a social worker in the process of family support
Participants are invited to submit abstracts on research and findings relevant to the topics identified above. You may also propose other topics related to social work with families. Abstracts for proposed oral and paper presentations (550 words maximum) should be forwarded to the Conference organizers.
- Deadline for abstracts 30 of June 2019, send by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for registration 15 of September 2019
Accepted papers will be published in the journal “Social work. Experience and methods”.
Conference languages: Lithuanian and English.
Conference admission fee (one day participation is possible):
Till 15 of June 2019 Till 15 of September 2019
100 euro 160 euro
Partners of the Conference: Lithuanian Association of Schools of Social Work and National Association for Social Work with Groups.