The aim of this program is to promote cooperation between higher education institutions, to ensure the quality of studies, to support the exchange of students, lecturers and other staff. Erasmus allows students to study one semester in higher education institutions in other European countries and to go for traineeship in foreign companies.
Students can go to study at a foreign university with which the Faculty of Social Sciences has signed a bilateral partnership agreement. Faculty has more than 70 agreements for students to go on Erasmus+ exchange. The host institution exempts incoming students from the tuition fee. Upon returning after a study abroad, Erasmus + study period is recognized in accordance with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
Erasmus+ selection for studies is held two times per year:
- the main selection for the autumn and spring semester studies takes place in February;
- additional selection for the spring semester studies takes place in September.
You can take part in the main selection, if you are:
- 1 – 3 year Bachelor’s degree student
- 1 year Master’s degree student
- 1 – 3 year doctoral student
Both full time and part-time students may apply.
For addition selection all full-time students (except first year Bachelor degree students) may send applications.
Major selection criteria:
- Compatibility of the study / research plan at the foreign institution and the study program at VMU;
- Learning outcomes of the last two semesters. For first-year students (both bachelors and masters) learning outcomes of the first semester. If the student participates in the first semester of studies then the results of the Bachelor / Master’s Diploma Supplement are evaluated.
- Good knowledge of foreign language;
- Student‘s motivation;
- Student‘s work, studies and internships experience, participation in international academic projects, social activities abroad and in Lithuania;
- Preference is given for higher course students.
For more information see here
Erasmus+ student (and recent graduate) traineeship is a period of time spent working in a company or organization in one of EU countries or Macedonia (former Yugoslav Republic), Lichtenstein, Turkey, Norway and Iceland. Erasmus traineeship provides the student with possibilities to adapt to the labor market demands of the entire EU, improve professional skills, familiarize with and deepen understanding of a specific country’s economy, social system and culture.
All VMU fulltime degree students who have not used more than 10 months of their Erasmus mobility (study / traineeship) period are eligible for the Erasmus grant (including zero-grant). Non-EU citizens must acquire temporary / permanent residence permit in Lithuania before their Erasmus mobility (traineeship / study).
For more information see here.